Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility – The EnAbling Change Program is a shared-cost transfer payment program providing funding to not-for-profit organizations, industry organizations, and professional associations to educate their stakeholders about accessibility, drive cultural awareness about the value and benefits of accessibility, and support regulatory compliance.
The program benefits from collaboration with leaders across many sectors who produce customized resources and directly communicate about accessibility and inclusion with their networks. The program also promotes opportunities to increase Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) compliance and accessibility in daily living. Typical projects include public outreach programs and initiatives and the development of customized educational tools and resources that meet the criteria for set priorities each year.
Eligible applicants must:
- be a not-for-profit organization that covers an industry or sector in Ontario
- be compliant with Ontario’s accessibility laws
- be incorporated in Ontario for at least one year
- ensure accountability processes are in place to administer, manage and oversee any funding received from the ministry
- provide proof of Commercial General Liability Insurance coverage in the amount of $2 million or more
Deadline to apply March 26th 2021at 5 pm
The EnAbling Change Program Guidelines 2021-2022