The Ontario government announced the establishment of Supply Ontario, a new centralized procurement agency that will enable a whole-of-government approach to purchasing goods and services, saving taxpayers money. Supply Ontario will ensure that schools, hospitals, and the entire public sector always have the critical supplies and equipment they need to keep individuals and families safe, while supporting job creation and economic growth.
- Delivering the best value by sourcing high-quality goods at scale to serve the public interest in a financially responsible way.
- Stabilizing access to critical products, including PPE.
- Stimulating job creation and economic growth by purchasing more Ontario-made goods.
- Driving innovation of emerging technologies.
- Connecting small businesses and entrepreneurs to government and its customers by acting as a first purchaser for emerging technologies and paving pathways to the marketplace to drive innovation in Ontario.
For the full news release click here