Start date: Immediate
Compensation: Range $39,000 to $47,970
Work Arrangements available: Part-time and Full-time opportunities
Who we are
Not your average bookkeeping firm. Our niche is charities and nonprofits, and our first love is arts and culture. Young Associates is a full service bookkeeping firm offering a range of payroll, bookkeeping, business management, training, and consulting services to arts and other charitable organizations. Young Associates partners with clients to unify their records keeping and management functions into processes that result in sound decision making, well-supported by accurate and timely reports. Young Associates is a growing and dynamic organization offering services to over 100 clients in the GTA since 1993.
Payroll Associates work within a standardized framework to process payroll, perform related calculations and reconciliations, and provide assistance on ESA-related HR matters for their assigned clients from our roster of 40+ payroll clients. No two days are alike! Clients are mostly based in Toronto, but we work 100% remotely.
Tasks include processing net pays, making calculations related to raises, bonuses and retro pay, processing new hires and terminations, issuing ROEs, setting up and maintaining taxable benefits and deductions, and communicating with clients.
This is a payroll-focused position but because we are a bookkeeping company you will have the opportunity to broaden your skill set and vary your responsibilities by undertaking bookkeeping clients as well — training provided in-house.
What you bring
It’s all about fit. We’re looking for an enthusiastic team member who puts their heart into the job. You will have some personal connection to the arts, culture or the nonprofit world, plus an affinity for numbers, systems and order. As a team, we value efficient, reliable work backed up by strong accounting and sectoral knowledge. In our client relationships, we prioritize a collaborative and ethical approach.
- We’re looking for aptitude for and commitment to this type of work, demonstrated by payroll or bookkeeping work history; and/or a credential in payroll .
- We provide training, but we expect you to walk through the door with a working knowledge of computerized payroll systems evidenced by employment history or completed courses using spreadsheets (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets) and one or more apps (e.g. Wagepoint, Ceridian, ADP).
- You are a communicator and you enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise. Customer service is a big part of this job. It’s more than just deskwork! We’re looking for demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- You take pride in your own work product, but also enjoy collaborating with your clients and your fellow employees to achieve organizational excellence.
- You are able to manage your time. Within a flexible work environment, you can prioritize concurrent tasks, meet deadlines, and seek help from / offer help to team members when needed, to handle volume.
- You are a self-starter. You enjoy working independently, and you’re also willing and able to ask for assistance or direction when you need it.
- You are a problem-solver. You can identify and assess issues and prepare effective client focused solutions. This includes proactively recognizing potential for improving processes and services.
- You are a life-long learner. You relish the opportunities for continuing professional education that come with this job.
- You must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
Besides offering competitive pay and benefits, flexible hours, a cell phone plan and a company laptop, we work for organizations that matter. Our clients are busy making the world a better place — and you will be contributing to their success. Working at Young Associates allows you to challenge yourself every day. Our culture advocates work/life balance, continuous learning, and opportunities to support positive community engagement. Feed your passion, get inspired and grow with us!
How to apply:
Please fill out our job application form in the Payroll Associate job posting at www.youngassociates.ca/careers
Young Associates thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.