The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre is the art hub that connects our community by providing art for all. Located on the banks of the Niagara River in a heritage building that formerly supplied water to Niagara-on-the-Lake (hence our name); the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre offers visual arts programs, exhibitions and events. We give back to the community by providing access to the arts for those in need.
Reporting to the Director, the Camp Counsellor would work with us from July 5, 2021 to September, 2021 for 35 hours per week.
- Assist Art Instructor with summer art camp (in-studio and/or online) and outreach art activities (in studio/community and/or online) to children ages 5-12 and families from the Niagara Region.
- Plan, organize and deliver recreational and educational activities for outdoor breaks, lunch, and online supplementary kit (additional projects, activities, and prompts).
- Studio and/or online set-up and clean-up of equipment and supplies for summer programs schedule including classes, workshops, and camps. Includes additional cleaning and disinfecting of high touch surfaces in compliance with Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols.
- Organize inventory of studio art supplies and update inventory data using the in-office digital inventory software Canvus.
- Prepare material kits and coordinate curbside pick up for online programs.
- Digitally record studio schedule in virtual calendar application.
- Assist with art program delivery and supervising children during summer art camps (in-studio and/or online) and outreach art activities (in-studio/community and/or online) at special events.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in-person and/or online with outreach events and with visitors to the gallery.
- Work collaboratively with Art Instructor, volunteers, and staff to coordinate art camp and outreach activities.
- Occasionally act as Gallery Attendant, responsible for overseeing gallery space and arts administration duties.
- Participate in Team Health & Safety Training including Covid-19 prevention measures as well as one-on-one job-specific training
- Successfully complete WHMIS online training and certification, First Aid/CPR training & certification and a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Responsible for reporting directly to Director daily, onsite and/or remotely and participating in weekly Team meetings.
- Participate in monthly Team Mentoring sessions.
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Great with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and problem solve
- Strong digital skills
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to:
email@example.com by June 20, 2021.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.