The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre is the art hub that connects our community by providing art for all. Located on the banks of the Niagara River in a heritage building that formerly supplied water to Niagara-on-the-Lake (hence our name); the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre offers visual arts programs, exhibitions and events. We give back to the community by providing access to the arts for those in need.
Reporting to the Director, the Archive Assistant would work with us from August 23, 2021 to November 26, 2021 for 20 hours per week.
- Digital Systems:
- Understand and use digital systems, tools, and applications for archiving, filing and data entry.
- Archiving & Filing:
- Identify, collect, organize, and preserve documents recorded on paper, film, electronic and digital formats.
- Follow Document Retention Policy for file retention, archiving and disposition schedule.
- Ensure the safety, security, and confidentiality of records at all times
- Data entry:
- Test database customizations for accuracy and report problems
- Assist with updates to the database user-manual
- Data entry related to membership, programming, and fundraising
- Administrative Support:
- Occasionally perform front desk administrative duties including answering telephone and greeting visitors.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with visitors to the gallery.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers and staff.
- Training, Supervision & Mentoring:
- Participate in Team Health & Safety Training including Covid-19 prevention measures as well as one-on-one job-specific training.
- Responsible for reporting directly to Director daily, onsite and/or remotely and participating in weekly Team meetings.
- Participate in monthly one-on-one Mentoring sessions.
- Exceptional digital skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2021.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.