The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre is the art hub that connects our community by providing art for all. Located on the banks of the Niagara River in a heritage building that formerly supplied water to Niagara-on-the-Lake (hence our name); the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre offers visual arts programs, exhibitions and events. We give back to the community by providing access to the arts for those in need.
Reporting to the Director, the Art Instructor would work with us from mid May, 2021 September, 2021 for 40 hours per week.
- Coordinate summer art camp (in-studio and/or online) and outreach art activities (in studio/community and/or online) to children ages 5-12 and families from the Niagara Region.
- Assist with camp planning (May – June) including researching and developing art educational programming proposals, lesson plans, materials lists, audio-visual support, and visual examples of projects for art camp.
- Program registration using digital software Ciniki to register and process payment, send confirmations by email and access, and create attendance lists.
- Maintain an inventory of art supplies in the studio using the in-office digital inventory software Canvus.
- Set up of activities, teaching art and supervising children during summer art camps and outreach art activities at special events.
- Delegate tasks to Camp Counsellors to assist with preparations for lesson plans and studio/online set up.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in-person and/or online with parents of children participating in summer art camp, with families participating at outreach events and with visitors to the gallery.
- Work collaboratively with Camp Counsellors, volunteers, and staff to coordinate art camp and outreach activities.
- Communicate lesson plans and project instructions clearly, verbally and/or in writing, with co-workers and students.
- Occasionally act as Gallery Attendant, responsible for overseeing gallery space and arts administration duties.
- Participate in Team Health & Safety Training including Covid-19 prevention measures as well as one-on-one job-specific training.
- Introduce in-studio participants to Covid-19 health & safety protocols and ensuring protocols are being followed.
- Successfully complete WHMIS online training and certification, First Aid/CPR training & certification and a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Report directly to Director daily, onsite and/or remotely, and participate in weekly Team meetings.
- Participate in monthly Team Mentoring sessions.
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Great with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and problem solve
- Strong digital skills
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to:
email@example.com by May 9, 2021.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.