Community Activator – Education Programs
Are you enthusiastic about the arts?
The Art Gallery of Mississauga is looking for an energetic and motivated Community Activator -Education Programs to develop, facilitate and promote the organizations community and educational programming. Applicants will have a strong knowledge of modern and contemporary art theory and practice, particularly as it relates to learning and engagement. The Community Activator – Education Programs plays a defining role in the gallery’s experiential and educational offerings, connecting the AGM with our community and the art world through innovative programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead select AGM initiatives in education, learning and gallery interpretation
- Conceptualization, implementation, promotion and evaluation of AGM’s education programming and services for children, youth, adults and seniors, both in house and through outreach
- Research, post expressions of interest and engage artists and community partners to partner with the AGM in the development and facilitation of AGM programming
- Connect art to people through innovative programs that engage and attract new audiences
- Work with local community groups to develop educational experiences that support the objectives of the program
- Facilitate and forward contract details to the Executive Director
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate AGM programming initiatives
- Create and promote the marketing for the AGM programming/workshop initiatives
- Working collaboratively across departments to enhance the visitor experience
- Promote self-directed learning in the gallery
- Working in conjunction with the Executive Director research public and private grant sources, writing proposals and reports to potential individual, corporate, government and foundation funders
- Collect workshop/attendance/engagement data for reporting
- Submit bi-weekly time sheets that detail activities to the Executive Director for approval and payment
- Respond to queries from artists/community partners and follow up in a timely manner
- Working as part of the gallery team – participate in staff meetings, training and engagement
- Participate in the supervision of co-op students, interns and volunteers as required
- Any other task as assigned
The position requires a commitment of 21 hours per week and would require your availability onsite during AGM hours with the flexibility of non-traditional hours around engagement opportunities, events and programming. Pay will be commensurate with experience. The position would provide for a six month contract with potential for extension.
The AGM welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and encourages submissions from groups that are typically underrepresented in institutional spaces, including racialized and Indigenous individuals, LGBTQ2S+ identifying individuals, francophone individuals, and persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line COMMUNITY ACTIVATOR by 5:00pm Friday April 23, 2021.
ABOUT THE GALLERY
The Art Gallery of Mississauga (AGM) is a public, not-for-profit, art gallery that was founded in 1987, opening its doors in the new Mississauga Civic Centre that same year. The AGM presents a changing calendar of contemporary, thought-provoking, engaging and accessible exhibitions featuring regional, national and international artists. We thrive alongside long-time partners and welcome new collaborators to always be presenting and encouraging those artists that are established, new and upcoming.
The Art Gallery of Mississauga is a guest upon the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit. This ancient land is part of the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional homelands of the Anishinaabe, Wendat, and Haudenosaunee nations